Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

My mom is 89 yrs old and pinched a nerve in her neck as per

Customer Question

My mom is 89 yrs old and pinched a nerve in her neck as per the chiropractor it's been 3 days and I sand a TENS unit has not help the pain at all she's having trouble breathing and is in excruciating pain or trouble breathing just comes from when she's moving from side to side in the bed other than that her breathing pattern is fine I don't know what else to do I know an x-ray will not show a muscle any recommendations please help
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have her on ice and a tens unit . 900 mg Motrin (duexis). No relief.
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 4 months ago.

• The neck pain/pinched nerve and the shortness of breath are unrelated. She does need to be checked out in an ER for her shortness of breath and an xray is necessary. Her breathing trouble is secondary to either a lung or a heart issue and chest xray will be extremely helpful. She will need other tests. Motrin will not relieve her shortness of breath
  • She needs to be evaluated by a spine doctor to further define the status of her "pinched nerve" and determine further treatment. I would not entrust this part to a chiropractor

If this answers your question, please complete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service. Best wishes