Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am concerned about my mum as about 8 weeks ago she was

Customer Question

Hello there I am concerned about my mum as about 8 weeks ago she was dignosed with a benign type 2 brain tumour. So she had surgery to remove the tumour and a week after surgery she got a infection 2 times so had to go back to surgery to have the infection washed out. Then she was on 6 weeks of aintibotics via IV and now she has finished on the iv aintibotics and she is now on oral antibiotics for another 6 weeks. But when she was in hospital she wasn't eating much due to not liking the hospital food. But now she is home we find that she will not eat much at all and we do try serving her up very small meals and she has about 4 mouthfuls the she gets up from the table and walks away.So I am just wanting to know is there anything we can do to help her ear more???And why is she hardly eatting anything now.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your response.

Has she been seen by a gastroenterologist as I think that a PEG tube may help in the best possible way in his case.

This is a tube that is placed in the stomach whereby you can feed him by directly putting special formulated food into his stomach.

This will help his recovery in a better way until he can start eating on his own.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

I would appreciate it if you rate me as that is the only way I am paid here by the website.

Kindest regards