Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I'm having a lot of lower back, abdomen and poor circulation

Customer Question

I'm having a lot of lower back, abdomen and poor circulation in legs and feet. I do stand all day on hard concrete floors but most of the pain was before I started new job standing and walking 10 hrs. What could cause this as well as knots on side of my feet now? There more like but bubbles ( fluid ).
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What evaluation has been done thus far?

Were you prescribed water pills because you are also having swelling?

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

I ask about the evaluation that has been done thus far because it would be necessary to know what has been done to advise you on the next tests to be done in the evaluation.

The most common cause of chronic back pain is degenerative disease, and this certainly can be exacerbated by prolonged standing. Degenerative disease can also cause referred pain in the abdomen and lower extremity pain. However, if there has been a study that shows poor circulation in the legs, that would need to be considered as a cause of pain.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.