DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

Pearl I've got 4 herniated discs can send mri, and I'm in

Customer Question

Pearl I've got 4 herniated discs can send mri, and I'm in excruciating pain all the time, can't sleep etc. Have appt. for Aug 22 at pain clinic but that's 3 months away. Are there docs online that can provide a low grade pain med like 10mg of vicodin so I can get some rest or is this out of the question?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Pains been chronic am self pay, have neuropathy in left hand and shooters in both legs. Been toughing it out forever cause I have to keep working for family. Pain meds help but know they'll never take it all away that's why I need to find a low grade aspirin based pain med just enough to take edge of. Pains driving me nuts
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Can send mri findings and I live in maine. Pray u can help me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Live in maine, can send mri and pains making me nuts. Hope you can help
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

Having been on any supplements, B12 can be high and stay high for some time.

So can B6.

You would not get checked for intrinsic factor, that is for low B12.

High levels almost never mean illness.

Sometimes it can be from inflammation of the liver, which can be checked with a liver profile test.

High B6 is almost always from taking supplements.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
B supplements arnt going to help pain I'm in
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I get my credit card reimbursed u didn't answer my question

That was an answer to another question.

A site glitch put it here.

You can not get vicodin on line.

If that happened, it would be a felony for you and the doctor involved.

Not sure why you are out of meds if your appt is 3 months away?

What is the situation as to your doctor?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Primarys make you go to a pain clinic to get pain relief and aug22 is first appt they have. I'll have surgeries by then. Don't want to do anything illegal so thanx

Yes, you are welcome.

I am not sure why a primary would be reluctant to prescribe temporary vidodin, especially if you are going to have surgery.

Unfortunately, the non prescription alternatives are only aleve, motrin and tylenol.

In this situation, however, there are effective medicines for this type of pain that are non-narcotic, namely, gabapentin, lyrica, amytriptalline and others.

I would discuss this with the primary again.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Taking gaba penton doesn't work taking tinanadine helps very little, they say they'll give me meds after the surgerys but in this state the govenor has primates so fearfull opioid pain pills are off the table. Now there's a huge heroin problem go figure and I'm left to work on a commercial fishing boat this way. Haven't had a drink in 16 yrs but will admit pains got me thinking squirrly

Pain management doctors will use a variety of choices.

There are newer opiates as well.

Lyrica might work better than gaba

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here