Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology

My daughter (27 yrs old) was just diagnosed with a six

Customer Question

My daughter (27 yrs old) was just diagnosed with a six milliter choroidal fissure cycst. I am researching, however, they keep referring to the size as one or two militers. Should we be concerned with the size?
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: She has seizures about once a year or less
JA: Your nerves are the communications system for your body so you are doing the right thing consulting our Expert about anything to do with them. Losing comms is not good.
Customer: ????
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: the size of the choroidal cyst if larger than most.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

A choroidal fissure cyst refers to a benign intracranial cyst occurring at the level of choroidal fissure.

They frequently represent either an arachnoid cyst, neuroglial cyst or a neuroepithelial cyst

6mm is still small

most likely it will continue to be stable.

it can be monitored with MRI scans once every 6-12 months.

is an article about choroidal fissure cysts.

"Cyst size varied from 5 x 4 x 4 mm to 30 x 20 x 18 mm. The average size was 11 .0 x 8.7 x 8.7 mm"

her 6 mm cyst is smaller than average.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using