Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 18 year old daughter had a seizure first time last night.

Customer Question

My 18 year old daughter had a seizure for the first time last night. It was terrible. Foaming at the mouth,etc.
We took her to the emergency at the hospital. They did a cat scan and sent her home saying that she was dehydrated, which I never heard of anyone going into convulsions being dehydrated.
We have health insurance . What do you recommend would be the next thing I do?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

Seizures can result from number of different conditions like electrolyte imbalance, low glucose level, epileptic, infections etc. I would suggest you to take your daughter to the neurologist for thorough physical examination along with some baseline blood tests and she might need EEG test for seizure evaluation. Moreover keep her under observation for 24 hours, give her healthy diet and lots of fluids.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.