dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.
16766337

I am concerned abou my mum as about 8 weeks ago she had a

Customer Question

hello there i am concerned abou my mum as about 8 weeks ago she had a surgery as she had a type 2 benign brain tumour and a week after surgey she got an infection and had to go back to surgey for a few wash outs and while she was in hospital for 4 weeks after the surgery and she wasnt eating much the the hospital and now she is home she is hardly eatting anything and we just dont know what to do as we have been dishing her up very small meals and she had about 3 or 4 mouthful and then she doesnt want any more.she was on iv antibotics for 6 weeks and she has now finished with the 6 weeks of iv and now she is on oral. the medication that she is taking is ciproloxacin due to the infection she had got from her surgery.and she is very very low in protein in her blood.can you please tell me what we can do to help her eat more as we do try everything but very worried....
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

As she has poor intake and low protein diet , in this situation it would be ideal that she should get IV Amminovel and Salt free Albumin this will not only built her immunity and fulfill protein requirement but also helpful to get Neutirents .

Single dose of Protein free Albumin and Daily Aminovel for 5 days will speed up her recovery .

Get it please .

Regards.

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .