DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

My dad has a problem s muscles are twitching .5 months they

Customer Question

Hello my dad has a problem his muscles are twitching for 1.5 months they twitch more in the arms but sometimes in his stomach in his back and in legs but not always he is 46 and he is a very stressful man.In our state doctors are so bad all they want is money and money he did the electro mylografia the doctor said that he has bfs and she gave him vitamine capsules and neuromitin but the muscles just started twitching more than he went to an other neurolog and he made the tests about his power and other stufs like all doctors he said that i think that you have als but you have to make the emng he made it to the other doctor she said that it is 50-50 and he thinks that he has als because he read a lot of muscle twitching. Then he went to a kiroterapeutist he said that he has nothing just because of big big stress.When he started going to him doing a kiroterapeust massage the muscles are better the doctor say that he is 10000000% sure that he has no als but my dad still doesnt believe him...He has a lot of power like always.
Please I need a very good answer what is your opinion what you all think..
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

If the EMG/NCS is normal, it is not likely to be ALS

If it gets better with a chiropractor, it is not likely ALS

I suggest he be followed by a neurologist.

That he reduce stress.

That the EMG be repeated 3 months after the first one.

If they are both negative and he still has a lot of power, not ALS.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here