Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I am seeing my neurologist on Thursday archoniod cyst on my

Customer Question

I am seeing my neurologist on Thursday for my archoniod cyst on my brain it is 4 cm by 3 cm I am sick all day long I vomit 6 or more times a day numb face hand and legs my headache never leaves and the pressure in my head is unbearable.i can't stand I'm so dizzy and off balance . I am afraid he won't do nothing. I have been hospitalised many times to control my symptoms but the on call doctors say people live with these all their life. What do I say to my nurolagist on Thursday to get some kind of help. Can he tell me no if I ask if I want it removed or is it up to me
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

While an arachnoid cyst is usually benign it does sound from your history that you probably need to have this surgically removed. The size is significant and it may continue to enlarge . You should not be pushed to the point of having the nausea and vomiting and neulogical symptoms.

Referral for review of your case by a neurosurgeon is what I would recommend

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You never fully answers my question. can they say no to me if I ask for a surgery