DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

My name is kyrsten and im a 23 year old female. 5 days ago,

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** im a 23 year old female. 5 days ago, i had a cerebral angiogram (through the groin) and every day since, i have had severe pain in my groin especially when walking, standing, sitting, etc. i wrote it off as being recovery but this morning i woke to the right side of my groin (where the procedure was done) being swollen and extremely painful to touch. im a little concerned since the pain seems to be getting worse rather than better especially with the swelling. i cant walk without a limp and standing is extremely difficult. There are no signs of infection such as fever or pus but im questioning if i should have it looked at. Thanks in advance!
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

Go to the ER.

This can be continued bleeding from the site.

It can be infection, and that can be serious.

This needs to be examined immediately.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here