Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology

4 years ago I had lateral ligament reconstructions done on

Customer Question

4 years ago I had lateral ligament reconstructions done on both of my ankles. This past Thursday I severely sprained ed my left ankle . I am worried that the repair may have been compromised. Before I push to go back to my ortho surg. I need to find out if the surg can be repeated?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, a lateral ligament reconstruction repair can be do need to go back to see your orthopedic doctor or an ER doctor for an examinationyou might need an ankle and foot MRI scan to check on the ankle and injury might just be a bad sprain and you might not need any more should ice the ankle and elevate the ankle as often as you can for now.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using