DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

I am 70 year old lady, have been living with fibromalagia

Customer Question

i am 70 year old lady, have been living with fibromalagia and/or inflammatory arthritis to several years. i have been on 7.5-10mg prednizilone for few years now ans surviving.
i have also had tingling in the feet at night which is uncomfortable doesnt make me sleep, lately it got a bit worse, went to see Dr, told me to do imaging of the brain and the result was :
IMPRESSION: Moderate axonal lesion for left peroneal nerve left tibial - right peroneal nerve is normal.
EMG: Mid-Moderate Debervation L4-L5_S1
Epileptic discharge : persistent Brust of spike seen in frontal - partial occipital leads
Conclusion : Multifocal epileptic discharge
what does the above mean, what problem do i have, how serious is it, what should i do ?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.
HelloThere is an EMG lf the lower spine that shows lower spine disc disease and nerve damage.This needs the correct physical therapy and you need an MRI of the lower spine to see if youneed surgery.The EEG of the brain shows seizure activity.This is a different issue.At this point you need to see a neurologist.YOu might need to be on anti seizure medications. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here