Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am a writer and researcher in the field of chronic pain

Customer Question

Hi - I am a writer and researcher in the field of chronic pain management. I am also a chronic pain patient with high-impact pain and I take opioids. I would like your opinion about the current situation having to do with the government branches, and now insurance companies, that are making decisions on the use of opioids for chronic pain and the amount of morphine eq that can be prescribed. This has put doctors in a tough position and many pain patients in a serious increase of disability due to their meds being tapered down or quit altogether. This information is for my own purposes only as I assume I will be facing the same situation some of my fellow patients do. I will not, under any circumstances, use your name of the Just Answer name in my work. I am merely getting anxious for myself. I am also looking for a doctor or doctors who would want to talk with me outside of Just Answer about this and become a part of the work we are publishing. Thank you,Kristine Anderson
Writer/Researcher/Reviewer
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is someone there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please send your response to my email. I am unable to wait any longer. Thank you so much.
Kristine
Expert:  Ashley Mires replied 6 months ago.

Hi Kristine. I don't have your e-mail but I can answer your question here if you're still interested in a response.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You can answer here, however I requested a neurologist. If you have a comment for me, please leave it. I cannot rate you at this time as I've not seen your answer.

I shall defer to a neurologist. Good luck to you.

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I see that your expert has opted out.

I would be happy to discuss this issue on the phone should you so desire. Just accept the link below and we can schedule a time to chat either by phone or skype that works for both of us.

Dr Rick