Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

I have been diagnosed with Vestibular Migraines (VM) and

Customer Question

Hi - I have been diagnosed with Vestibular Migraines (VM) and suffer from a variety of symptoms including migraine headaches, auras, vertigo, dizziness, tinnitus, hearing loss, etc. One of the most frustrating symptoms I live with is brain fog or what some call cognitive clouding or cognitive dysfunction.....before I had VM I never had these symptoms before........I read an article at the VEDA website about the cognitive aspects of vestibular disorders and it seemed to make sense.... http://vestibular.org/sites/default/files/page_files/Documents/Cognitive%20Aspects%20of%20Vestibular%20Disorders.pdf
Can I ask if it is likely to be the same general mechanism that causes such cognitive clouding in my case of VM......
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidvery interesting article"VESTIBULAR DISORDERS IMPAIR ATTENTION AND CONCENTRATION . Vestibular disorders interfere with your ability to pay attention and concentrate. You may find that it is difficult to sustain focus for a significant length of time. You may find yo u are easily distracted – both by external stimuli (the noise of other people talking, the TV) and internal stimuli (your thoughts and feelings)...."yes, I agree that your vesticular migraines is causing your brain fog and cognitive cloudingare you on treatment for your vestibular migraines?