Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine

Background - Over two year Chronic Lower back pain with

Customer Question

Background - Over two year long Chronic Lower back pain with periodic burning, numbness and intense stiffness located around L3 to T12 with burning pain sensation radiating through to abdominal area. Aggravated mostly by bending and reaching which in turn triggers intense stiffness throughout those regions stated and beyond. Worked in physically demanding Job for 20 years, Three children which were carried often. Decline started three years ago then after the first year while been in pain level 7 chronic back pain daily was hospitalised with sudden acute abdominal pain. C.k level were rised to 3700 for first two weeks. Extensive gastrointestinal examination found nothing so release after 12 weeks and struggling pain since.
Question - I have had a EMG test done in which i have had a summary posted with a appointment with my G.P in two weeks. I really am hoping to find some answers. This condition has taken its toll on me. Please could you help me understand the summary. I am translating from Norwegian so please bare with me.
From the right sided extremities EMG and NCS showed normal conditions in the muscle examination, with the exception of the right vastus lateralis ( L4-innervated ) where it is seen chronic neurogenic changes, this can be proximal condition ( from the back ) although it is normal F-response. No evidence of myopathy.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.

This implies a disc problem at L4/L5.

With nerve root compression.

You need an MRI of this level.

Correct manual therapies are indicated at this point.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You are totally unacceptable and i will not be paying for that
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I ask for a follow up question on if this could be the cause of my detail summary you mention nothing about just a 30 second lazy reply. I paid for a detailled answer. Then you go offline immediately after so i cant reply. Your not even a neurologist, i doubt your even a doctor now, you have no qualificationon answering this question. In the morning i will ring my bank to say i have been scammed by a fake specialist. How can you sleep at night.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Four sentences. Are you for real !!!! Want this passing to someone else. Your a joke. A greedy low life

My initial answer invited you back to ask more questions or give more information.

Your response was about 2 hours later, when indeed, I was off line for a short while.

This is a back and forth format.

What other information and questions do you have at this point?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
First i tried to reply striaght after but you had gone offline so i replied to customer service. Why are you trying to put this as my fault ? second i paid for a detailed answer from a neurologist. It was four sentences and you are not a neurologist. I gave a detailled history. Why are you looking for maxium profit with as little as possible effort ? I want a real summary of my symptom and experiance in hodpital and the chances of a connects from a real specialist

Your question has been in neurology and medical.

No neurologist has chosen to take it.

I am a board certified internist, and testing and training in neurology is part of that certification.

I am also board certified in integrative medicine with advanced training in functional neurology.

You can continue with me [answering my questions above], or, you can wait for a neurologist if you like.

What would you like to do?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I paid for a neurologist and you lead me to believe you were. You are a scammer . I want what i paid for

I have nothing to do with questions being put into both categories.

That is a site function, when a neurologist does not answer, I am alerted, as I also cover neurology.

I will be happy to let you wait for a neurologist. However, I am a site user as well, I log in as you do. I have no say over when and when not neurologists or here, nor do I have that information.

If you change your mind, you can always find me by request in the medical category.

By the way, if you look at my profile, which is always available to you, it tells you exactly

my qualifications.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It dosnt tell you when you search directly on the browser for neurologist, just answer and in my email it state your a neurologist and serveral time on this website during the process also. I taken screenshot of the process

I have nothing at all to do with that process.

Those are site functions.

I log in, questions are sent to us, we open them. That is it.

I have opted out of this question. When I do that, it alerts all other experts to the open question.

Please do not post, or it comes back to me in some cases, then I have to opt out again.

Which I will do not.

Good luck.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am another expert here at JustAnswers.

would you like my help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am getting really annoyed. Why are you people posing as neurologist ? First i get Dr thomas with a four sentence replay and logs off and then blames me then blames justanswer for the portraying him as a neurologist. Can you read the thread of what has been said and now again , it has neurologist next to you name.?

This is Dr. David

I can understand you are angry.

JustAnswers wants a doctor to help you with your question as soon as possible.

sometimes it can be a long wait to talk to a neurologist.

thanks for including the EMG report. no evidence of myopathy means no evidence of muscle tissue disease.

I suspect you have severe osteoarthritis in your lower back lumbar spine pressing on nerves exiting your spinal canal causing pain

an MRI scan of your lumbar spine with contrast would confirm this.

closed MRI scanners are better than open MRI scan machines.

ask for a 3.0 tesla high definition MRI scan of your spine with contrast

have you had a spine MRI scan before?

creatinine kinase elevation most often is due to muscle breakdown and this can be due to severe muscle pain or even myositis muscle inflammation from pinched nerves in your back possibly.

severe abdominal pain can also be from diverticulosis or partial small bowel obstruction. both of which can cause severe abdominal pains.

constipation can often worsen and cause diverticulosis attacks.

if you have had prior abdominal surgery before, this can put you at risks for scar tissue in your abdomen causing partial small bowel obstruction.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I paid for a Neurologist and that is what i will pay for. I never consent to you taking over this. You and this wrbsite are cheat and tricking people. Two times now g.p have been portrayed has neurologist in email and web pages under you name and dr thomas it states neurologist that is called disception and false advertising. Will you stop pressuring and bullying me. You not what i paid from stop the lies. Plus two totally different diagnosis and it quite clear you havent been reading the history good enough. Leave me alone, i just want a neurologist. It were made clear when i was paying tgat they were some available

ok, you can wait for a neurologist.

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 4 months ago.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 4 months ago.

Hello, may I help you or would you like to wait?

Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

First I will ask few questions so that I can gather additional information related to your health concerns.

1) Did you have a repeat CK blood levels done? Did they also do certain other muscle enzyme blood tests like Aldolase, LDH etc?

2) Did you have an MRI of the lower and mid back (lumbar and thoracic spine areas)? If done - what was the report?

3) How many EMG tests you had?

4) What are your current treatments (medications or non-medication treatments)?

Best regards,