Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

Had a tia stroke 16 months ago with no physical side

Customer Question

had a tia stroke 16 months ago with no physical side effects,had some small seizures while in hospital,was put on 1500 mg of kipper daily,now i am down to 250 mm daily,no seizures when can i stop kipper completely
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan and I will help you today. That would be a decision between you and your Neurologist as to when you would be able to stop Keppra. There is no finite length of time but usually two years without any seizure activity is a starting point to consider weaning one off Keppra. You don't indicate how old (or young) you are, but that is also a factor that needs to be considered. It would be best to discuss with your doctor. I hope this is helpful and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. A positive rating is always appreciated.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dr Stan again. Did you have any additional questions for me? I have activated the rating page. A positive rating of 3-5 stars is how we are paid for out services. Thank you.
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Hi, just curious why you haven't rated my response to your question regarding your continuance or stopping Keppra. Would you be kind enough to let me know. Better yet, please rate me. Thank you.