DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

I noticed a lump on my upper arm this morning (outside of my

Customer Question

I noticed a lump on my upper arm this morning (outside of my arm, not near armpit), it is sore to the touch but there is no bruising or discoloration. Do I need to see a doctor about this on Monday if it is still there, or since it is sore is it likely to have been caused by a bump or injury? I can't remember doing anything to it but it's possible that I banged into a door or something and am not recalling it. Or is this more likely to be something serious? I haven't noticed or found anything else on my body and don't have any other symptoms.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.
HelloYesIt needs to be examined if it remains.As does any unexplained lump.It is most like a lipoma, which is a harmless fatty tumorbut that needs to be established by exam. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here