Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My left upper leg is very painful & I am almost dragging

Customer Question

My left upper leg is very painful & I am almost dragging that leg around as the pain is so great. I am diabetic, hypertension, neuropathy, COPD, chronic pancreatitis, back pain, etc. Father died at 58 from throwing a clot. Could I have a clot in my leg? My mother died at 71 of an abdominal aortic aneurism, as did her mother in her 90's.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

It sounds most likely like a nerve pain due to a pinched nerve at your lower back.

It also can be pain related to a blocked artery but in that case you would usually also have cold feet and feet cramping up prior to this.

I would recommend that you should have a MRI of your lower spine to have a look at your nerves and discs in your lower spine.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options when you are done asking.

Regards