Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience

Thank you advice. I just need a confirmation: you are saying

Customer Question

Thank you for your advice. I just need a confirmation: you are saying that there really is a remedy for bedsores assuming that diabetes if it is diagnosed and if she can be turned on her side. This is a nursing home that will not want to bother the doctor unless there is a really good reason to do so. It would also be good to know how long she needs to stay on her side.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes turning on her side every 1-2 hours is better. Ideally air mattress or water bed are better for bed sore healing. These beds shift pressure points constantly without even moving the patient frequently. That shoudl be requested for if possible. The bedsores can be treated with debridement an wound vac for faster healing. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy also holds great promise. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: