Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I have what started as neuropathy in both legs in the muscle

Customer Question

I have what started as neuropathy in both legs in the muscle that points the toe. This was 8 or more years ago. I have been taking Nortriptyline for the last three years, and now my dosage is 50 mg before I go to bed at night. I can deal with it during the day. More recently, in the last few months I have started having a similar sensation in my arms and hands.
I have recently moved to the Inside passage of Alaska and am looking for a neurologist in Seattle who would be appropriate for what I have. My insurance company provided me with 16 pages of doctors in network, but I don't have a clue where to start looking. Can you suggest a method for me to pick a doctor? We have mostly locums here, and I don't have to have a doctor's referral to make my appointment.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Daviddo you have a primary care doctor? you can ask your primary care doctor if they know if any of the neurologist on your list.you need to get a primary care doctor who can make a referral for you. do you have a primary care doctor yet?