Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am due parotidectomy adenoma in July but I just discovered

Customer Question

I am due parotidectomy for a adenoma in July but I just discovered I'm pregnant can I still get the surgery done or do I need to wait until after I deliver baby is there any risk in waiting
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Although surgery and anesthesia can be administered in any trimester of pregnancy and depends on the situation the surgery is due for. In emergent or urgent cases, the benefit of surgery outweighs the risks associated with anesthesia.In your case, the adenoma is a benign entity and there is no harm in waiting till the pregnancy is over and the baby is safely delivered.So, you can actually wait on this.Please do discuss this with your doctor as well.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.