Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience

I'm experiencing a dull grinding pain just above the knee

Customer Question

Hi, I'm experiencing a dull grinding pain just above the knee on my right leg. There's tingling in my foot and sometimes a burning sensation.
JA: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: Im 26, 320 lbs, 6'2". What other information is required?
JA: Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: I'm a programmer, so I sit a lot.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.These symptoms are likely due to the nerve compression at the lower spine. Long sitting can cause such problem. Nerve compression can also occur at the knee level. Physical therapy should help in the long run. You can consider further evaluation with MRI scan of the spine if symptoms do not improve with physical therapy. Prescription medications Ketorolac, Gabapentin, Nortriptyline, Baclofen can be tried. Please go to this link for lower back exercises: first see your doctor for a clinical evaluation as Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: