Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I had incomplete sciatic n. severed by GSW in Viet Nam. Have

Customer Question

I had incomplete sciatic n. severed by GSW in Viet Nam. Have had 10 surgical procedures on right leg ankle and foot. The last surgery was May of 2013 with fusion of the ankle for caves foot. In Dec. 2015 developed progressive now severe neuropathic pain. The rest pain well treated with gabapentin. The exercise induced pain progressive. I have no other feeling in the foot and no muscle function of the foot. Wonder about surgical or medical ablation of the medial plantar N. which seems to be causing the moderate to severe pain that has affected quality of life.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

While that is possible to do there is a very good chance that you would still experience the pain.

I would suggest trying a nerve block to the medial plantar N a couple of times to see what the effect is prior to even considering having surgery.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS