Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience

10 days ago I had a high tear in my left calf muscle. I could

Customer Question

10 days ago I had a high tear in my left calf muscle. I could not walk on it well for 36 hours. After that strength returned but the ankle and foit to a lesser degree have swollen. 41 year old otherwise health, active male. Please advise on treatment. I am wrried about DVT.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The swelling can be from the recent injury as more likely explanation. However if your leg was immobilized in splint, then there is risk of DVT in one of the veins. That can be ruled out by a doppler ultrasound. The risk is still considered low. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: