Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience

What are negative side affects of using botox active

Customer Question

what are negative side affects of using botox for over active bladder. Does it ever cure the situation or do I have to take it for ever?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Botox injection for overactive bladder is usually an one time procedure. Very effective new advancement in this field. When medications fail, this is a good and safe option. Complications are very low--can be infection, bleeding, loss of bladder tonicity causing neurogenic bladder ( less than 1% risk). Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: