Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

There. My question has two parts. First, last winter (around

Customer Question

Hi there. My question has two parts. First, last winter (around March 1st) I started having pain in my groin, buttocks and down the back of my right leg. Eventually, over about 4 to 6 weeks, that pain pretty much resolved. At the time I was mostly sitting at my computer, not active at all. Anyway, the second part is that over the past week, that pain started to come back, plus I was having pain in my calf muscle and along the right side of my knee. The pain was worse after sitting. This morning I was walking up a short flight of stairs and suddenly my leg went from being painful to being too painful to walk on. A couple of days ago I made an appointment at a sports medicine clinic for this coming Tuesday. I’d like to get some sense of whether it will be a problem to wait that long, and what I might do in the meantime.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced Physician attending ypuI will sure try to help youThis seems to be a neurological painProbably sciaticaThe knee pain can be due to arthritisYou need to take an x-ray of knee to know what is the extent of arthritisFor sciatica, your doctor will examine you and prescribe you medicationsNow, continue Ibuprofen and IceAlternate heat and cold padding, rest, and elevation of legs will helpAny question ask me or request to leave a posiitve feedback at the right corner of the pageAny bonus I appreciateBest wishes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
So shouldn't hurt to wait till Tuesday. Maybe it'll get a little better, and it'll be easier to get in to get things checked out. What should I watch, what would be an indication that I should get help right away.
Any swelling, and severe pain above 8 in 1 to 10 scale, go to ERor take rest, pain killer, hot and cot alternate therapies, and wait
Do not forget to leave a posiitve rating, only then I'm compensated for my time here.Any bonus I appreciate
You requested a phone call, for which payment failed, please repay
Please leave a posiitve rating. Regards
Are you there?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All set, thanks for the info, have a good day
Ok, request to leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the pageThat is the only way we experts are compensated in just answerSo please leave a positive ratingBest Regards