Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience

Can sitting periods on the ground cause shoulder

Customer Question

Can sitting for long periods on the ground cause shoulder pain?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is little unusual.But possible if you do have degenerative disc disease involving upper spine.Sitting on the ground for long time can cause paraspinal muscle stiffness and nerve irritation supplying the shoulder.How long the symptoms last usually?Are you able to move your shoulder overhead?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: