Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Are you really there? JA: No. I'm the Neurologist's Assistant. Customer:

Customer Question

Are you really there?
JA: No. I'm the Neurologist's Assistant.
Customer: I have had twitches for a year. First got them when my wife had heart surgery and then again when I was really tired and stressed. Now a year prior to this I had flutters deep in my legs.
JA: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: Yes! I asked my doctor if the flutters had anything to do with my statin that I was taking. Of course he said no. At a regular appointment with my endocrinologist 3 months after I first got the twitches I asked him what was up with that and he said ALS. Went to my primary and said the same ALS. Went to a Neurologist and did two exams and then the needle and he said I was a puzzle. Had some mussel break down and did a CK test and came back at 1000-went off the statin and went to 500 and has stayed there. My twitches pretty much stopped until yesterday and he told me that I have ALS as my right hand was not as strong. Well the twitches are back big time. are the twitches just from stress and tension and the muscle break down from the Statin? The twitches started 16 months ago and been seeing the neurologist for a year.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief. At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.Does this make sense to you?I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS