DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

Does the Greater splanchnic nerve in the lower thoracic region

Customer Question

Does the Greater splanchnic nerve in the lower thoracic region provide the sensory and motor function to the top of one's foot? I had a benign lipoma cut out of my back on 3/17, and have had dropfoot ever since. The incision was approximately 2" to the left of the middle of my spine in the mid to lower thoracic region.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 5 months ago.
HiCommon fibular nerve, or sciatic.Not, this is not from the surgery.You need further investigation.I suggest you see a physical medicine and rehabilitation MD who can give a complete structural exam and diagnosis. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here