Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have itchiness & tingling in left thigh area that has been

Customer Question

I have itchiness & tingling in left thigh area that has been chronic for several months now. Can this in anyway be associated with overuse of 10/325 hydro codons?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Is there any change in the color of the skin on there?You mentioned left thigh area, where exactly on the left thigh?Since how long are you using hydrocodone and for what?Do you have any other medical problems?Also mention your age and gender?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No change of color. Side of thigh which has been tingly & itchy, much like overactive nerves. I have been overusing hydro one for a couple years & will be put on suboxone as a way to get off of them. No other med problems, juSt want to make sure that it is not a symptom of any internal issue such as liver damage due to overextended use & amount of acetone spine that I know is combined with the drug.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am a 56 year old male
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I do not think that it is anything serious or anything to worry about at all.I think that it just may be some irritated nerves causing your symptoms.Taking vitamin B12 supplements which are over-the-counter may help with your symptoms.It is possible that it is a side effect of the medications that you are on but in that case it would be temporary and would go away once you stop the medications.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards