Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology

I have several herniated discs in my lumbar, one is completely

Customer Question

I have several herniated discs in my lumbar, one is completely damaged in the l4 l5 and lately I have been having severe lower back pain followed by and ice cold feeling that comes over. It actually feels like someone is has placed an ice pack on my back.
JA: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Neurologist should know?
Customer: I have pain that radiates in the buttocks area and into my hips and legs on both sides
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidmost likely the herniated disk is pressing on nerves causing severe nerve pain radiating down into your buttocks and hipsyou need to see a pain management doctorand see if a steroid epidural injection at that level of herniated disk can help decrease swelling and help the disk go back into position. have you ever had a steroid injection into your back before?