Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

Just trying to decipher scattered foci of nonspecific increased

Customer Question

just trying to decipher scattered foci of nonspecific increased flIr and t2 signal
JA: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: The findings on my husband's MRI ...the study reveals scattered foci of nonspecific increased Flair and T2 signal within the cerebral hemipheres bilaterally. Just want to know what that means.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Neurologist should know?
Customer: They said that all is good...but was wondering about this.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David"scattered foci of nonspecific increased Flair and T2 signal" often is seen with micro-ischemic changes in the brain from small broken blood vessels in the brain.these can come from the aging process, smoking, diabetes, high cholesterol, obesity, all can increase risks for small broken blood vessels in the brain.improving health, loosing weight, not smoking, controlling diabetes can all help improve your blood vessel health.let me know if you have other questions.