Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

Doctor, I am feeling heaviness in the head which gets

Customer Question

Hello Doctor, I am feeling heaviness in the head which gets worse when I sleep. its not headache, its heaviness. I feel it also is extending on the sides of my cheeks and neck but don't know its coming from the heavy-head or is something else. do you have any thoughts. thanks,
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 5 months ago.
HelloWelcome and Thank you for your query posted.My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information: Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 5 months ago.
Is there any pain which is very severe when you eat or drink anything that is too cold or hot? are there any visual disturbances?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks. No
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. Its a good thing to know that there is no pain or visual disturbance. I asked you these questions to rule out trigeminal neuralgia. Do you have any history of hypertension?Has the BP been checked?That could be one of the reasons for the heavy head.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No my BP is normal.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the discomfort is from head upto side of cheeks and also in the neck and back, like when we don't keep the head right on pillow, its that kind of feeling in the neck area.
Expert:  Dermadoc replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much for the reply. Do you have history of chronic sinusitis or cervical neck issues ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** don't.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have consulted a doctor. thanks for your help.