Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Does mega benfotiamine 250mg cause weight gain? JA: The Neurologist

Customer Question

does mega benfotiamine 250mg cause weight gain?
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: I have periferal neurology from having chemo 19 yrs ago but gaining weight and exercise 3 times a week.
JA: Your nerves are the communications system for your body so you are doing the right thing consulting our Expert about anything to do with them. Losing comms is not good. Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: what is comms?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome.Weight gain is not known side effect of benfotiamine. You need to be careful with diet along with regular exercise. Cut down on fatty and high carbohydrate diet and take lots of fluids and do regular exercise for at least 30 minutes daily. Get your thyroid function tests as decreased thyroid hormone also cause weight gain.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.