Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience

I have a lump in the centre of my back.... sitting right on

Customer Question

I have a lump in the centre of my back.... sitting right on the side of the spine
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I have had this lump for past 2-3 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: It never bothered me but pained a liitle sometimes...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely a lipoma or fat tissue lump --feels firm but can be moved side to side. May become painful from inflammation sometimes. THis is a benign lump usualy.Can be removed by a surgeon under local anesthesia same day surgery. You can upload a pic here. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: