Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology

Woman age eighty suffering after hip replacement with foot

Customer Question

Woman age eighty suffering after hip replacement with foot drop. Undergoing therapy and has been told of a therapy called E Stimulation that could apply in her case.
Could you expand on that type of therapy for a patient that has just entered a regimen of physical therapy?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidE Stimulation is using low electrical charges through the skin into your muscles to help contract muscles to help strengthen themthis technology can be used like in TENs unit to help distract nerves and decrease can also be used to involuntarily contract muscles to help strengthen themit can be used by itself or in conjunction with physcial therapy.for some patients it can feel weird or tingling.some patients don't like the involuntary muscle contractions.if physical therapy is going well, it can be added or tried as an can speak to your doctor or physical therapy team member about it as welllet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using