Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I AM HAVING A SINGLE FIBER EMG AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT AND

Customer Question

hI I AM HAVING A SINGLE FIBER EMG AND WANT TO KNOW WHAT AND HOW IT IS DONE
JA: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: I'll try and to decipher the script N MD R/O OR P/O M G G713
JA: Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: NO I DON
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: 'T KNOW IF g713 MEANS ANYTHING, THATS SUPPOSED TO BE A CAPITAL G713 MY PRINTER ISN'T WORKING RIGHT
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya attending youHi, Single fibre EMG is done to to know the individual muscle fibre action potentials [nerve signals][I'm typing your answer]
It is one of the best techniques to determine Neuro muscular defects that is seen in Myaesthenia gravisAction potentials are measured from 20 different sites in the muscle, 3 electrodes are placed per muscle.Now, the average of action potentials is calculated, which is called Fibre density.Normal Fibre density is different for different muscles in the body and based on the results the neuromuscular conduction defect is determined.Hope this helpsRequest to leave a posiitve ratingAny bonus I appreciate.
Hi, Did you happen to see the answer? Request to leave a positive rating, and only then, I'm compensated for my time. Good luck!