Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified MD
Experience:  15 years' clinical experience

Does enlarged cortical sulci in a 39 year old man indicate

Customer Question

Does enlarged cortical sulci in a 39 year old man indicate decrease ability to process information and learn adaptive skills?
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: The person also has a Schizophrenic disorder, dating some years. The consideration is whether to admit the person to a psychiatric unit for extended care, not specifically to ameliorate the symptoms of Schizophrenia but to acquire some adaptive skills that might facilitate his ultimate potential after discharge to the community.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Neurologist should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Enlarged cortical sulci affect the executive and motor functions.But learning abilities and new memories may be still acquired.These abilities are affected if there is subcortical prominence as well ( mesiotemporal and diencephalon region arond third ventricle and temporal horns around the lateral ventricles).Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: