Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have a backpain .They took exray and saw that ihave

Customer Question

I have a backpain .They took exray and saw that ihave aslight allighinment problem.Doctar suggsst an surgery. Is o t possible with out surgery cani remedy my back pain by mefication.piease. answer. this
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.It really depends on the degree of impingement. However, you can avoid surgery and delay it but at the end of the day, surgery is the best and definitive solution for such a problem.The way to delay surgery is by getting an appointment with a pain management doctor and getting a steroid shot in the problematic discs. Other than that as an adjunct, physiotherapy and massage along with anti inflammatory medication like NSAIDs, life style modification etc. should also be done.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.