dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have ten years of experience to handle patients in different fields including Neurology.

I'm looking possible answers to some recent problems

Customer Question

Hi, I'm looking for some possible answers to some recent problems. Over the past 8 weeks, I've had 5 episodes of dizziness, weakness (ending up on the floor and not being able to getup), nausea, vomiting on the occasions. Each time I've started by feeling hot, then almost a cold sweat. The last 3 episodes, my body temp has been 35.9C, 35.1 and yesterday was 34.6. Blood pressure also drops. Yesterday was 113/63, the previous episode was 100/60. As background, I'm 52 years old, I've had multiple sclerosis for about 30 years, diagnosed with gastroparesis just last week.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Maybe medications? Taking baclofen 10mg per day, low-dose naltrexone, amantadine 100mg per day, nexium 20mg per day. Probable demyelination of vagus nerve causing gatroparesis. Full blood count normal although white blood cells slightly elevated, reason unknown.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 5 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...As you have MS but recent episodes of dizziness , weakness associated with nausea and vomiting should be evaluated for other medical issues .First of all I will suggest you to have EKG to see heart rhythm and to rule out any heart block which often presents with such symptoms .Second Thyroid function test are mandatory .Fall in blood pressure along with weakness could be possibly because of above mentioned issues .Please get test and proceed .Good luck .Positive feedback will be appreciated .Thanks .