Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Are you able to look at MRI brain images? I have distorted

Customer Question

Are you able to look at MRI brain images? I have distorted smells, blocked ears for 3months. Vision problems for 4months. Electric hand feelings. 5months ago vibrations spread up from hands and feet to cover my body. Get stabbing pain in head behind left ear.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please attach images here.Also, have these films been seen and been reported on by a radiologist yet or not?If you have that report you can send that to me as well.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Image 1
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Image 2
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
I do not see anything abnormal in the images that you have sent me.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Have you gotten the MRI report as yet as the images are not very clear and very difficult to comment on.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Image 3
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The doctors report said nothing. I was hoping for a nice simple explanation like my nasal cavity has something wrong to explain the awful smell distortions. From my bit of research my distortions match troposmia
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Have you had your nasal cavity examined by an ENT doctor?If not, that is what I would recommend doing.I would like that your GP should refer you to an ENT doctor if that has not already been done.I also think that you have some issues with the nasal cavity after having a look again.But you would require an official report from the radiologist to be forwarded to your ENT doctor as well.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No referral to an ENT but have one to see a neurologist - 4month waiting time. Seems like a long wait while my smells are getting worse and more foods are becoming un edible because they smell like rotten nappies and make me gag.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
I think that you should also request a referral for an ENT doctor as well to have your nasal cavity examined by a rhinoscope.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
You are most welcome.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards