Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I'm having sever pain of and on up and down on the left side

Customer Question

I'm having sever pain of and on up and down on the left side of my leg. It starts at myleft knee and runs up to my left hip. Please let me know what to take or should I go to the emergency room?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionThis is likely related to a pinched nerve in your low back.This is a common problem but should be taken seriously in your age groupI would go to ER and get this checkedYou could have a spinal fracture causing this called a compression fracture (common in post menopausal females)let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com