Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology

I'm a 33 year old male and I'm having trouble sleeping

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a 33 year old male and I'm having trouble sleeping the past few nights. I've taken sleeping pills and Benadryl, but they don't seem to help. What do you recommend to help?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidsleep is a very complex phenomenon and needs a full sleep evaluation by your doctor or a sleep MD specialist to help improveyou might have to cut down on caffeine during the dayregular exercise can help improve sleepno computer or cell phones or TV screens in your bed or bedroom.strict bed time every night.if you don't fall asleep right away, no cell phone or computerif you don't fall alseep in 10-15 minutes, you get up and sit up in a chair with dim lights and read a bookyou read until you are sleepy again, and then go back to bed.these sleep hygeine skills are very important to help you get better sleep.some people also use 1mg of melatonin about 1-2 hours before sleep as well.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using
do you have any other questions?