Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

I've been falling down a lot. I have chronic headaches at least

Customer Question

I've been falling down a lot. I have chronic headaches at least 4 days out the week. Frequent urination, constipation, diarrhea, abrupt, sharp eye pain in the back of my eyes, double vision, dizziness, jerking in my body constantly, heart palpitations, insomia, numbness and tingling in my face, arm, and legs with weakness to those extremities, fatigue, slurred speech, drooling, always dropping things and weak right hand, memory loss and confusion. MRI showed a demyelinating lesion on right brain and 1 band. Do you think I have MS?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, you could have MS if you have demyelinating lesion in the need a spinal tap and check of oligo bands in your CSF which is another check for MSdid you have a spinal tap?have you consulted with a neurologist regarding MS and treatment for MS?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes, I went into the hospital for chest, shoulder, and arm pain, numbness and tingling on my right side to include my face, arm, and leg last week. I had a stroke and cardiac workup. That's when the demyelinating lesion was revealed. Also, I had a LP/spinal tap and it was normal. Other autoimmune test was done with pending results. I checked my results and only 1 oligoclonal band is present.
the oligoclonal bands have to be compared with the bands and protein in your need a blood serum protein electrophroesis.if this 1 oligo band is not present in your blood, then that is another evidence you could have MSso you need to follow up with your doctors and neurologist and check on that and your autoimmune tests results as well.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes, the information was indeed helpful. Rating of a 4. Thank you!
thanks for thatdo you see the ratings area ?it may be above or below the chat box.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. I am a board certified adult Neurologist and will answer your question. I would disagree with the other expert, the term "spinal tap" has not been used in Neurology for 20 years, because you are not tapping the spine, you are drawing fluid out of a sac below the spinal cord, therefore the term lumbar puncture is much more appropriate If you only had one oligoclonal band, that is not a significant change. Did you have a IgG index measurement, or myelin basic protein done? You can request a newer set of tests called CSF biomarkers, looking at interleukin levels that can be elevated with clones of lymphocytes, known to increase endothelial permeability and provide a pathway to causing the demyelinating lesion. My suspicion is that the doctors feel your testing is more consistent with microvascular disease, rather than MS, so there may be some features of your brain MRI which were not explained to you. If you have the MRI report, please upload it and I can discuss this with you. Dr Frank