Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have four which has flared up but none of the meds work.

Customer Question

I have four which has flared up but none of the meds work. I once took prednisone and it helped me to walk. I don't have insurance so I can't see a Dr. Is there an alternative medicine or way to get a prescription
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 11 months ago.
Hello Welcome to JA. I cannot write you a prescription from here, it is against the law, but I can help you answer medical questions. What is "four"? Let me know what is going on, and I will send you information. dr frank
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Four should have been gout but the auto correct feature took over
HI. ok, that makes sense. So do you know your uric acid level? Are you on allopurinol (or another of the newer meds) to keep your UA level down? Have you tried just OTC naprosyn (aleve), do you have any colchicine available? let me know if I can help, what do you have available for meds. Dr frank
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have colchicine but it does not help. I also had uloric and allopurinol. The allopurinol caused all of my joints to swell. The uloric I had some effects on me also. I am very sensitive to medicines
I see. You need to stay with the uloric in my opinion then. Can you add an NSAID that you take with food? Naprosyn, or better, diclofenac (Voltaren)? You may need to go back on steroids if that can't help. Dr frank
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the gel voltaren it seems to help a little. Once it subsides a little I will get back on the uloric.
Yes. I like voltaren gel for smaller joints, It may not work as well on your knees (you know that better than I probably) but try it, the serum levels stay low so you don't have to worry about side effects. I hope that helps dr Frank
If you can upload it anywhere, accept the call request and we can discuss this over the phone, ok? I am here to help if I can, just get back to me Dr Frank