Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Large knot appears on my arm without injury. Then bruising

Customer Question

Large knot appears on my arm without injury. Then bruising occurs followed by deep intention left on the sight of the knot
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.I would appreciate it if you could attach a picture or two on here so that I could help you out in a better way.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 7 months ago.
Hello I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concerns today.I suspect that you have developed a biceps tendon rupture .This can happen spontaneously without any injury.The rupture of tendon causes bleeding which appears as a bruise .The muscle retracts and appears as a knot in the arm which moves when you flex or extend the arm.The tautness of the muscle tendon unit is disrupted and that is why you see an indentation.Good thing is that this usually does not need any treatment as there is minimal functional loss with biceps tendon rupture with most patients.You can just ice the area and take an Advil for pain if pain is present.For more information you can read this link.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
I am checking in to see how you are doing?