Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

I hit the back of my head about 5 days ago. I slipped and pulled

Customer Question

I hit the back of my head about 5 days ago. I slipped and pulled the steel shower curtain down and hit myself pretty good. Slight dizziness initially and headaches here and there since. Any need to worry?
JA: The health of our nerves is so connected to our overall feeling of well-being. You are doing the right thing consulting the Expert about anything to do with them. Please give me just a bit more information so the Neurologist can help you best. For example have you seen a Neurologist for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: I havent been to the doctor and feel that it's probably not necessary, but I don't want to let it go if it could develop into something bad. What's usually the "worry" timeframe after getting hit in the back of the head?
JA: Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: not that i can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.From what you are telling me it sounds as though you have suffered from a concussion which can take two to four weeks to settle.Slight dizziness and headaches here and there are usually nothing to worry about and will settle in due course of time.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. I am an Adult Board Certified Neurologist and can discuss this further with you. How Old are you? any medical problems, medications you take? Did you lose consciousness or have a change in level of consciousness during this event? Do you remember every time point in the process going up to the fall and following it? Get back to me to discuss this further. The other expert is correct in that a concussion is most likely, but you have to exclude other conditions, that are more likely due to your age, and general condition, like a subdural hematoma (Reagan had one) which can develop over a month's or more time and be hard to diagnose. Get back to me and we can walk you through some tests to look at that possibility. Or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work. thanks *****
HI. I was able to see the three shoulder images, but you need the whole scan. And the presurgical cervical images, which are very impressive. Dr Frank