Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I had a ct it showed promince of the csf spaces over the frontal

Customer Question

I had a ct it showed promince of the csf spaces over the frontal lobe suggesting possible frontal atrophy. What does that mean that no intracranial abnormalities
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's all
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 9 months ago.
Hello!What is your age ?Often atrophy is just a gradual loss of neurons associated with are ...Let me know on age...We can discuss further if that will be helpful ...Best regards ***** *****!Anthony Bray MD
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 9 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. I am an adult Board Certified Neurologist and can answer your question. There are several reasons for having Frontal Lobe Atrophy, it can be from several things, the way you developed is a reason, unless you have an earlier scan that shows this scan is a change from the past. Underlying diseases, family history, enviromental toxins all can play a role. And CT is not the best way to determine whether this is relevant, you might need an MRI to look for other changes associated with this CT finding. Why did you get the CT scan? Any symptoms? Get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply. Dr Frank