DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years

I have a lot of nerve pain in legs after a incomplete break

Customer Question

I have a lot of nerve pain in legs after a incomplete break in neck. Can you give some advice on how
to stop pain.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 6 months ago.
HelloFirst of all, what dose of gabapentin?This has a wide dosing range and can be increased to 1800 mg orally in devided doses if tolerated.If it is not working, it can be changed to lyrica.There are many other medicine alternatives.Physical therapy is essential.I recommend you see an MD specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.These doctors , not neurologists, are trained in the rehabilitation of pain after this type of event.Electronic therapies, physical therapy, medicines, injections, etc. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.