Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

Pearl, I am a patient with Churg-Strauss Syndrome, who also

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am a patient with Churg-Strauss Syndrome, who also had a small stroke in November. One of the findings on an MRA done 3/23 says "right vertebral artery is either absent or severely diminutive". Can you explain what this means and any possible repercussions from this? Thank you, ***** *****
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Neurologist should know?
Customer: Other than that I still suffer from minimal weakness on the right side and short term memory loss since the stroke.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to cancel. I did not realize there would be a charge
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced attending you nowAre you sure you don't want the answer?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthere are 4 arteries which bring blood to your brain: left and right carotid arteries and left and right vertebral arteries.the vertebral arteries travel up next to your spine and into the brain.sometimes a blood vessel doesn't develop properly when we are formed as a baby.you are still getting blood to your brain through 3 other arteries.this finding could have been with you for as long as you have been alive and you really didn't know that you didn't have a right vertebral arterythis is not causing your right sided weaknesslet me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to cancel this account!